This is the work of students that have taken classes. I am so proud of all my students for stepping forward and trying something new! Gallery is below the Student Comment section.
- Student Comments:
“Joanie ~ I had Thee Most FUN today creating my scarf. You have taught me to admire my creative gift and truly inspire me to do more with my art. Thank you for your wonderful class!”
- “Thank you for helping me to open my eyes. I have a whole new outlook on how I look at clouds and trees. You are a special and gifted person. Thank you for being in my life.”
- “I want to thank you for all the time, patience, and consideration you gave me yesterday. I would never have risked trying something so very new to me unless I could trust the teacher. I felt my trust was well placed and I am most grateful. You are a very valued, honorable friend – I thank God for you in my life. Also I keep looking at clouds and seeing them as much more beautiful than ever before. Again I thank you. I think the classes are terrific!”
- “I have never painted anything but a wall. Just the experience of picking up a brush I find exciting. The cost is very fair and I’m grateful for the opportunity to attend some of the classes.”
- “I wanted to share with you what kind of an experience I had taking your class. The topic I chose to draw was really something I am very much in love with. I had fun learning how to use pastels, even though I had the feeling my drawing is not very good – yet. I also noticed that doing a painting is very therapeutic. I think you are an awesome teacher! One can tell that you “live” art! You truly do! You don’t just teach it, you truly “live” it by heart. I like that very much, because it makes you come across as an authentic art teacher. Thank you for this very much!”
- “It was an amazing class for me in sooo many ways. I had NO idea how light worked, or shadows or proportion. Your teaching was as if someone turned on a light in my brain and I got it.”
- “Thank you so much for the instruction, encouragement, and inspiration, Joanie! I really enjoyed the class with you and you do bring in a wonderful crowd of women!”
I was thrilled! I am contemplating classes right now. BTW, I absolutely love my chiaroscuro painting. I feel such contentment and joy every time I look at it. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explore art!”
- “Thank you for opening up the creative energies within.”
- “Thanks again for a great time on Saturday. My sweet husband already framed my not-quite-finished work. I was inspired to dig out my old supplies and dust them off. It turns out the pastels I had at home are more crayon like…so an oil base? They are nice for quick sketches and convenient to use, but give a very different look on paper. It fits in beautifully! The frame matches the vintage of the early 1960s furniture.”
- “Every time I walk by and look at it, I am amazed at how well you so perfectly nailed the dogs. You are INCREDIBLE! Amazingly talented! I love it and am sooooo thrilled to be the recipient of your gifts!